IT Support Technician
Rolfe Benson LLP is a Vancouver-based Chartered Professional Accountants public practice firm providing top-tier accounting, audit, tax and consulting services. Our client base is predominantly owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, estates and trusts, investment holding companies, charities and not for profit organizations. We’ve built our business by providing small to mid-sized organizations with scalable, custom-tailored tax and accounting solutions that fit. Our firm takes a more personal approach to professional services. We’ve built our success on the hard work and dedication of our team. We want to work with great people and great people want to work with us.
- We are looking for an IT Support Technician. This is a permanent, part-time position for approximately 20 hours per week. We operate in a Cloud environment with servers managed by an external IT firm and we are looking for an “in-house” specialist to assist with the internal IT needs of approximately 60 users.
The Job Description:
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administer software rights and licenses
- Execute employee on-boarding and off-boarding IT procedures
- Perform full cycle (procurement, maintenance, inventory, and disposal) management of company IT hardware (e.g. laptops, desktops, monitors, printers, network equipment, etc.)
- VPN and remote cloud log-in set-up on local computers
- Diagnose and troubleshoot software, hardware, network and infrastructure related issues, escalating to external IT firm as needed.
- Manage IT ticketing database and assist the external IT firm with resolving issues.
- CCH Document, TaxPrep and Caseware DataStore management
- Maintain and troubleshoot board rooms’ computer hardware and audio visual components.
- Work together with external IT firm to upload new software, and ensure existing software and libraries are up to date.
- Create and maintain company’s IT knowledge base and documentation
- Provide recommendations to improve user experiences
- Perform other IT duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of IT support-related experience
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software-related issues (desktops and laptops)
- Networking skills including troubleshooting and basic administration
- Administrative knowledge of CCH Document, TaxPrep, CaseWare, Sage and QuickBooks is an asset
- Working knowledge of Remote Desktop Services and VPN
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, learn quickly and meet deadlines
- High standard of integrity and commitment to exceptional service
- Ability to act professionally in a busy environment
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
To be considered for this position please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.