Senior Accountant- Assurance
Rolfe Benson LLP is a Vancouver-based Chartered Professional Accountants public practice firm providing top-tier accounting, audit, tax and consulting services. Our client base is predominantly owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, estates and trusts, investment holding companies, charities and not for profit organizations. We’ve built our business by providing small to mid-sized organizations with scalable, custom-tailored tax and accounting solutions that fit. Our firm takes a more personal approach to professional services. We’ve built our success on the hard work and dedication of our team. We want to work with great people and great people want to work with us.
- We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Assurance team. The ideal candidate will have public practice experience working on audit engagements for not for profit organizations and private companies.
The Job Description:
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and conduct audit field engagements
- Plan and execute review and compilation engagements
- Interact directly with clients, partners and managers on various engagements
- Complete income tax returns, including corporate, personal, trust and charity information returns and other required filings
- Plan, schedule and complete assignments within agreed timeframes
- Conduct financial and systems analysis
- Develop and sustain client relationships
- Manage and coach junior accountants, provide direction and supervise fieldwork
- At least two years of experience working in a public practice accounting firm, with a focus on audit engagements
- CPA designation or advanced stages of the CPA program
- Proficiency in CaseWare, Caseview, Taxprep and Microsoft Office
- Strong technical skills including Canadian auditing standards, ASPE and ASNPO
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and adapt quickly
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- High standard of integrity and commitment to exceptional client service
The RB Difference:
- We offer a competitive salary, annual profit sharing plan, comprehensive benefits package and paid overtime (or time off in lieu of overtime).
- Along with a commitment to your continued professional development, we offer an in-house leadership training program to enhance your personal growth.
- Every member of our team plays a key role in our success and is rewarded for their hard work. Our people do great work and our clients notice the difference.
To be considered for this position, we encourage qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.