Tax Manager – Canadian Tax
Rolfe Benson LLP is a Vancouver-based Chartered Professional Accountants public practice firm providing top-tier accounting, audit, tax and consulting services. Our client base is predominantly owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, estates and trusts, investment holding companies, charities and not for profit organizations. We’ve built our business by providing small to mid-sized organizations with scalable, custom-tailored tax and accounting solutions that fit. Our firm takes a more personal approach to professional services. We’ve built our success on the hard work and dedication of our team. We want to work with great people and great people want to work with us.
- We are looking for a highly motivated, team oriented Tax Manager to join our professional team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years of public practice experience, completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax program, and at least 3 years working on private company Canadian tax matters.
The Job Description:
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a book of clients with minimum supervision
- Prioritize client work to meet or exceed deadlines
- Identify tax planning opportunities and other value added services
- Draft tax planning memorandums with supporting legislative references
- Research tax issues and present findings and recommendations
- Prepare tax working papers to document tax plans
- Completing corporate and personal tax compliance services
- Liaise with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Keep up to date on tax legislation
- Communicate tax changes to other staff
- Develop and sustain client relationships
- Manage and coach junior staff, provide direction and supervision
- CPA designation and completion of CICA In-Depth Tax Program
- Proficiency in CaseWare, Caseview, Taxprep and Microsoft Office
- In depth knowledge of private company Canadian income tax matters
- Strong technical skills with a creative flair to provide practical solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and adapt quickly
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- High standard of integrity and commitment to exceptional client service
The RB Difference:
- We offer a competitive salary, annual profit sharing plan and comprehensive benefits package.
- Paid overtime (or time off in lieu of overtime), core hours and reduced summer hours.
- Along with a commitment to your continued professional development, we offer in-house and external training programs to enhance your personal growth.
- Every member of our team plays a key role in our success and is rewarded for their hard work. Our people do great work and our clients notice the difference.
To be considered for this position, we encourage qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.